Thursday, October 28, 2010

eating paleo

I am not a nutritionist or dietitian, nor do I play one on the interwebz. Take everything I say with a grain of sea salt. Your mileage may vary.


The more I've read on the subject of lifting weights and nutrition, the more I kept seeing references of the paleo diet and the amazing results people have been getting from changing their way of eating. This is no diet. It's a lifestyle change, but it's nothing new. It's how people ate thousands of years ago. The basics: lean meats, seafood, fresh veggies and fruit.

I don't want to type out a long post trying to convince you to give it a try. Instead check out this book: The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, and decide for yourself.

What I can tell you is I have been eating about 90% paleo for the past two weeks and have already dropped five pounds. That is enough incentive to keep this up until Thanksgiving.

For the curious, here is a sample of a typical day...
breakfast: two scrambled eggs with about 4 ozs of leftover pork tenderloin and some green beans (all mixed together)
lunch: giant salad including spinach, bacon bits, mushrooms, carrots, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, and an egg
dinner: bibb lettuce salad including cucumbers, mushrooms and sunflower seeds, served with apple roasted pork roast, and a pear for dessert

In addition, I drink about three liters of water a day and take my vitamins (including fish oil). I feel great!

More links:
Robb Wolf
The Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain
The Paleolithic Diet Nutrition Page, lots of useful links

0 comments:

Post a Comment