Thursday, October 28, 2010

walking and thinking

One of the things I like best about taking long walks is the chance to clear my head. I did that today. Although I didn't measure it this time, but from past experience I can tell I walked about three and a half miles. Not so long, but just long enough.

While walking along (and pushing the stroller as the munchkin napped), I remember the first time I walked that route and remember cursing the big hills along the way. I remember being winded most of the way and grateful for the water I had brought along.

Then I realized "hey, this has become easy!" Today I had no water, yet I was fine. Sure, my heart rate came up a little, but not much and my recover was super quick. See there... all this hard work and sweat has paid off. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment